1st ever audiophile network interface
With streaming services becoming the primary way of listening to music and with the shift from standalone computer audio setups to network renderers, the quality of network-related components becomes crucial if one wants to enjoy high resolution music at the highest sound quality.
Ethernet adapter for high-end network audio
Setting up a media server on a PC or using a computer as a network audio renderer (endpoint) is easy nowadays. But the problem with computers is that they were never designed with audio in mind. While there are improvements for USB-based playback available (such as our JCAT USB Card FEMTO or JCAT USB Isolator), the network controller part of a PC remains noisy. JCAT delivers the solution with the NET Card FEMTO – the ultimate network interface designed specifically for transferring high-quality audio over LAN.
The most accurate components
By using ultra-low noise linear power supplies and FEMTO Clock Technology combined with high-end Ethernet controller from Intel, the JCAT NET Card FEMTO ensures maximum network transmission quality. Connect a network audio player, a media server (NAS) or a broadband router to any of the two 1Gbit LAN ports on the JCAT NET Card FEMTO and experience great sound quality improvement when streaming audio data.
Exceptional audio quality
The sound image becomes crystal-clear: transparent, quiet, smooth and yet full of fine details you have never heard before. It will allow you to experience music at much deeper level.
You can use the JCAT NET Card FEMTO to improve sound quality of any network audio player (renderer/endpoint/streamer) when streaming audio data from NAS (media server), from music services such as TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify etc. or directly from PC music server.
JCAT NET Card FEMTO will also enhance playback when installed in an Audio PC – a computer that acts as a USB Audio transport and connects to a USB DAC – as long as audio data is sent over network from other PC / NAS / media server or from Streaming services.
Best upgrade for JPLAY dual PC mode
For JPLAY users looking to elevate performance of their dual PC setups, installing JCAT NET Card FEMTO in both Control PC & Audio PC is most likely the biggest sound quality improvement currently possible. Connect both PCs (JCAT NET Cards FEMTO) directly with a high quality LAN cable such as our JCAT LAN or JCAT Reference LAN Cables and enjoy vast sound quality improvement.
JCAT NET Card FEMTO not only improves sound quality, but also provides increased stability particularly desired with most extreme 700Hz/0.01s DAC Link/PC Buffer setting in JPLAY.
External PSU option
Even though there are ultra-low linear power supplies exclusively on the JCAT NET Card FEMTO, for best performance it is recommended to connect external linear 5V PSU (such as our 200W or 400W linear PSUs) as the source of power instead of using computer PSU.
• Audiophile PCI Express GbE LAN adapter
• Ultra-low noise linear regulators and filters eliminate noise interferences from PC
• No switching power supplies anywhere
• FEMTO Clock Technology (Crystek CCHD-957) lowers jitter below measurable levels
• Industrial grade components with operating temperature range from -40* to +85*C
• Enterprise level Intel i350 Ethernet controller
• Gold plated high durability EMI shielded RJ-45 connectors
• Two LAN ports supporting up to 1Gbit connection speeds
• LED-off feature to counteract noise
• Requirements for optional PSU: 5V/1.5A min
• PSU can be supplied from computer PSU via LP4 connector or from an external PSU via 2.1/5.5mm center positive DC jack connector
• Low-profile & full-height laser cut PCIe brackets included
• All x1-x16 lane PCI Express 2.0 slots supported
• Supported operating systems: Windows (all editions) and Linux
JCAT NET CARD FEMTO – QUICK START GUIDE
Thank you for purchasing the JCAT NET Card FEMTO.
This Quick Start Guide is designed to guide you through installation.
§ JCAT NET Card FEMTO.
§ Low-profile PCI Express bracket (the card comes with the full-height
§ PC with one free x1-x16 lane PCI Express 2.0 slot.
§ Cat5/6 Ethernet cable.
§ Optional: 5V/2A linear power supply (recommended for best results).
§ Linux or Microsoft Windows 7/8/10/2012 Server/2016 Server
§ Intel® Network Adapter Drivers
(available at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59064/IntelEthernet-Server-Adapter-I350-F2)
1. Optional: mount low-profile PCI Express bracket.
2. Disconnect the power and remove your PC’s cover.
3. Look for a free PCI Express slot. Depending on the model, your
motherboard may have a variety of different slots to choose from.
The JCAT NET Card FEMTO can be installed in any PCI Express Gen 2 slot:
x1, x2, x4, x8 and x16.
4. Once you have decided which slot you are going to use, you might have
to remove the blank (thin piece of metal that covers the hole
in the chassis).
5. Align the JCAT NET Card FEMTO with the slot and gently, but firmly push
the card into position. Once the JCAT NET Card FEMTO is seated firmly
into place, insert fixing screw.
6. Optional: connect 5V/2A power supply either via LP4 molex or 2.1/5.5mm
center positive DC jack connector.
7. Check to make sure nothing has been loosened during installation
and then replace the case cover and connect the Ethernet cable.
8. Reconnect the power. When your operating system loads, download
and install the drivers.